Terms of Service Table of Contents
- Responsible Use and Conduct
- Limitation of Warranties
- Limitation of Liability
- Genesis MetaVerse / Staff
- Copyrights / Trademarks
- Game Tokens / Inworld Currency
- Financial Services by Genesis Metaverse and Others
- Termination of Use
- Governing Law
- Contact Information
- Copyright Infringement
- DMCA Policy
Terms of Service
This agreement is in effect as of 12/10/2016 and as revised 8/7/2017.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time without notice. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
- By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
- In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- You are solely responsible any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- This includes , but is not limited to, stopping payment on any credit card or PayPal payment to Genesis Metaverse for any orders generated in world or through the Billing Dashboard under your account. All stop payment orders will be referred to our attorney for recovery of the loss through any means, civil or criminal as he deems appropriate.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited. Interfering with the enjoyment and use of the service by other account holders is strictly prohibited also. Specifically griefing through objects, usage or removal of personal or real property
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that.
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, stalking, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
- Is a depiction of sex with a minor (age play), regardless if the participants are legally adult or not
- Is the use of weapons or HUD’s, scripted or otherwise, other than on damage enabled parcels designated as combat areas and then only against avatars that are actual participants in the combat.
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party
- Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising
- Impersonates any person or entity, including any Genesis MetaVerse employees or representatives.
- We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
- We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other 3rd party users of our website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our website, provided that it doesn’t violate or infringe on any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of Genesis MetaVerse, and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit. This only refers and applies to content posted via open communication tools as described, and does not refer to information that is provided as part of the registration process, necessary in order to use our Resources.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Genesis MetaVerse and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
- By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available”. This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
iv) any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
- Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from Genesis MetaVerse or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
- In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. Genesis MetaVerse will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy in Genesis Metaverse. Therefore:
- A) Sharing personal real life information about your fellow Residents without their consent — including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, IP Address, MAC Address, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile — is not allowed.
- B) Monitoring conversations in Genesis Metaverse, sharing conversation logs via posting anywhere or sending via inventory sharing without the participants’ consent in writing are all prohibited, EXCEPT when being shared with a staff member as part of a ToS violation or abuse investigation.
- C) Use of remote IP tracking code or devices to track a resident’s IP Address, or MAC address is STRICTLY prohibited.
Genesis MetaVerse Staff
- No Genesis MetaVerse Grid Staff member is allowed to work as staff in any job title on another grid. Working on multiple grids takes away from our focus on improving the grid and keeping excellent customer service to our residents. If it is found that you are employed on another gird you will be asked to step down or be terminated.
- All content and materials available on Genesis MetaVerse, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Genesis MetaVerse, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Genesis MetaVerse. Content available on Genesis MetaVerse may be provided by users and not Genesis MetaVerse. As such, you acknowledge that content creators maintain certain rights and privileges in their respective content. You accept full responsibility for use of provided content and remain liable for unlawful usage. If a content provider reports a DMCA violation to Genesis MetaVerse, such instances will be investigated and if warranted, removed from public access. Offending accounts will be terminated and banned from use of the services. Genesis MetaVerse will not as a rule, police or pre-screen user content.
Game Tokens / Inworld Currency
- All game tokens inside of Genesis MetaVerse known as “G$’s” are a fictional currency and Genesis MetaVerse gives them no monetary value. All responsibility of in world exchange are provided 100% by Genesis MetaVerse. No other exchange by any service or by a resident is allowed. If your account is banned you waive any G$’s in your account.
Financial Services by Genesis Metaverse and Others
Trading G$’s for US Dollars
- To trade in world currency for US dollars, submit an order for the amount of G’s to sell. The US Dollars will be placed in your cash account.
- To Transfer US dollars from your cash Account to PayPal, submit an order for the amount of US Dollars to transfer and specify your PayPal accounts Email address.
- By law, you must provide your full real life contact information under the Billing Dashboard in order to transfe US Dollars to your PayPal account.
- You agree that any and all fees associated with exchanging of G$’s to US Dollars will be deducted from the amount of G$’s you direct us to exchange and the net amount will be the actual amount exchanged.
- Currency may not be exchanged in any way for US dollars or other games tokens by anyone, including individual residents, other than Genesis Metaverse.
- No use of banks or any form of Genesis MetaVerse Currency Resell is allowed. You will ask to remove it within 24 hours or the account will be deleted. Please respect the terms.
- No Stock Exchanges are allowed
- No Credit Cards for the purpose of purchasing goods or services in Genesis Metaverse with the expectation of future payment with or without interest is allowed.
- No other financial services other than those provided by Genesis Metaverse are allowed.
Gambling is allowed in Genesis Metaverse provided
- The individual offering gambling purchases a license from Genesis Metaverse
- Such individual must reside in a legal entity where gambling is allowed.
- Any and all gambling games or machines offered must conform to the laws of the legal entity where the individual resides.
- The individual gambling resides in a legal entity where gambling is allowed
- All individuals must determine what their local laws are in regard to gambling and are solely responsible for adhering to such laws.
- Such individuals agree to indemnify and hold harmless Genesis Metaverse should they violate their local gambling laws. Further, the individual agrees to compensate, without limitation, Genesis Metaverse for any damages incurred if such a violation occurs.
- If you believe any individual offering gambling is not conforming to the gambling laws applicable, notify Genesis Metaverse of the violation(s) by filing a support ticket. Include in your notification:
- Your avatar name
- Name of the individual owner of the Gambling establishment or other individuals involved
- Region where the violation occurred
- Date and time of the violation.
- Specifics as to the nature of the violation.
Termination of Use
- You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this Terms of Service .without refund or compensation for any loss of the account. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
- This website is controlled by Genesis MetaVerse. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. By accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of our state, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
- Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
- UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, Genesis MetaVerse EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- If you have any questions or comments about these our Terms of Service as outlined above, you can contact us at: http://genesismetaverse.com/Genesis MetaVerse Grid
- Copyright infringement is a serious offense and Genesis MetaVerse does not tolerate illegally made copies of any kind. PLEASE HELP US FIGHT THIS PROBLEM. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!
- ONLY the original creator or copyright owner many file an DMCA notice. Therefore please notify them. Include the following:
- Nature of Copyright Infringement
- Name of avatar infringing on a copyright
- Region where the object is and grid name
- Object name and characteristics
- Your Avatar Name and grid
- Claims of Copyright Infringement, The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If You believe in good faith that materials hosted by Genesis MetaVerse infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Genesis MetaVerse), You (or Your agent) may send Genesis MetaVerse a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Genesis MetaVerse Sites or in Genesis MetaVerse Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Genesis MetaVerse to locate the material on the Genesis MetaVerse Sites and in the Genesis MetaVerse Services;
- the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available) of the complaining party;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- If You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Genesis MetaVerse against you, the DMCA permits You to send Genesis MetaVerse a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.copyright.gov for details. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Genesis MetaVerse Sites should be sent to Genesis MetaVerse Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement at:
By E-mail: http://.genesismetaverse.com/
- Company’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement should be contacted only for the purposes set forth in this Section
- ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO Genesis MetaVerse COPYRIGHT AGENT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED